Thursday, July 26, 2007

Notes from fasting:


Most of this is from study time. Some of these are quotes from Jason’s journal and a few are from mine. Some are just random bits of life. For the most part they aren’t related, so digest each separately:

***Righteousness: {rahy-chuhs-nis} – noun. 1. The quality or state of being righteous. 2. Righteous conduct. 3. The quality or state of being just or rightful.
Righteous: {ri-chas} –adj. 1. Morally, upright; without guilt or sin. 2. In accordance with virtue or morality.
-------Romans 4:22-24---------


*** I fear menopause. Jason and I have been enduring infertility treatments off and on since March. Injecting ones body with man-made hormones causes awful, horrible, uncomfortable, emotional side effects. All for the sake of a full-term, healthy pregnancy. My co-worker told me it’s just like menopause. Now THERE’s something to look forward to!

***“Does Satan keep us so busy that we don’t have time to think about GOD?”

***Aliaster Begg calls Jonah “The man who said NO”. I am very thankful for that and for the fact that the word grace is strong enough to allow God to ask again (and again).

***At last count, there were about 210 countries in the world. Every year, Americans spend more on trash bags than the individual gross national product of 90 of these countries. Even more astoundingly, we spend more on eating out then the individual gross national product of 200 of these nations! Our money belongs to God. The question to ponder is not HOW MUCH SHOULD WE GIVE AWAY, but rather HOW MUCH SHOULD WE KEEP? Ouch.

***“Theology and Reality: can these really two co-exist within me?”

***“Jesus wasn’t somehow less strong because he allowed others to see him in a time of need. In fact, Jesus might very well have been stronger because he lived in authentic relationships with his friends. His vulnerability and honesty were essential in forging genuine connections with the people he loved.”

***I don’t know how to pay our credit card with out going online. Our entire stack o’ bills auto pay to the cc, and quite frankly I wouldn’t even know WHERE to mail the check to! Aside from that, people don’t actually mail checks anymore – do they?

***“They say that I can move the mountains
And send them crashing to the sea
They say that I can walk on water
If I would follow and believe
with faith like a child” – Jars of Clay


***“All of my abilities are disabilities were created in me so that I might achieve what God has planned for me.“

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:33 PM

    I love that JOC song. Thanx for sharing bits of what u learned & processed. I think I might need to do it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROBIN9:27 AM

    I'VE READ THROUGH THIS A FEW TIMES & HAVEN'T COMMENTED YET. THE THING THAT KEEPS GOING THROUGH MY MIND IS THE STATEMENT THAT SATAN KEEPS US SO BUSY THAT WE DON'T HAVE TIME FOR GOD. I'VE NEVER THOUGHT OF IT THAT WAY BEFORE, BUT I CAN'T GET THE THOUGHT OUT OF MY HEAD NOW. I THINK HE DOES. I THINK HE CREATES CRAZINESS AND DRAMA SO AT THE END OF THE DAY WE ARE SO TIRED THAT WHEN WE LOOK BACK WE REALIZE WE HAVE HAD ZERO TIME WITH OUR FATHER. AND THAT TIME SHOULD BE THE MOST IMPORTANT! HOW CAN WE EXPECT TO WALK IN JOY AND GRACE AND LOVE IF WE ARE NOT FILLED WITH HIM? AND THE ONLY WAY TO BE FILLED TO TAKE THE TIME TO MAKE HIM & HIS WORD A PRIORITY. THE FACT THAT YOU TWO TOOK THE TIME TO DO THIS IS AWESOME, AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING YOUR THOUGHTS BECAUSE IT HAS REALLY IMPACTED ME THIS LAST WEEK.

    LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete