Saturday, October 13, 2007

The best apple crisp ever.


Jason was so entrahlled by it he took a photo. lol

I am sharing the recipe so others can share in the ridicouls goodness (& for Miriam!):

10 cups thinly sliced apples (picked right off the tree @ the farm!)
1 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup water
1 cup cooking oats
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter, melted

1. Preheat oven to 350 F

2. Place the sliced apples in a 9X13 inch pan. Mix the white sugar, 1 tablespoon flour and ground cinnamon together, and sprinkle over apples. Pour water evenly over all.

3. Combine the oats, 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and melted butter together. Crumble evenly over the apple mixture.

4. Bake at 350 degrees F for aboout 45 minutes.



** I didn't bake it exactly like above. I added nutmeg to the sugar mix. I also only used about 6 apples, b/c I wanted less apples, more crust. And I only used about 1/4 cup water ... didn't want it too watery. For the crumble I needed more melted butter. It was wonderful!

2 comments:

  1. i'm just a bit disappointed we weren't invited over for a taste...so now i'm holding you to coming over here and making it with me, my cooking partner in crime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!! Thank you, thank you! So excited to try and this...and since I think I probably like it crunchy like you I am going to follow your detour of the recipe! love, miriam

    ReplyDelete