Monday, June 30, 2008

“WHY?”

I am pretty sure we’ve moved into a new country of toddler hood, and now the “no’s” are mostly translated into “why’s”. Allow me to share an example:

Our FFA Koinonia had their family day on the Santa Monica Pier on Saturday. In between rides I pulled Jx2 aside to re-apply sunscreen …

“Please stop moving, I need to make sure I get all of you”

“Why?”

“Because I don’t want you to get burnt”

“Why?”

“Well, because that would hurt. Like one big owie! We need to protect ourselves if we’re going to be in the sun”

“Why?”

“Because the sun can burn us”

“Why?”

“Well, that’s the way God made it”

“Why?”

“I am not sure – you’re going to have to ask Him”.

“Ohhhhhhhh … Kay!”


We have about 2 of these conversations a day, and I realize I can end it far before I do. But I think I enjoy them {sometimes}. I like the intense look on his face as he’s trying to understand, and I like explaining things rather then pacifying him with a pat answer. And most of the talk’s end with something about him asking God when he gets to heaven and that usually is a good enough answer for him.

Good times, my friends, good times.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the God trump card can come in handy ;) LOL

    and - I love your new "look" here - very contemporary and swankified!

    ReplyDelete