Tuesday, September 09, 2008

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?



I thought I was ready until I actually saw Drew all suited up in his game gear.
I have to admit I was a bit nervous for him, but at the same time really excited because I have waited forever for him to play tackle football.

Am I proud? Hmmm... of course I am; after all he is playing the same positions I played! I really have to admit it is really hard to stand back and watch him play, without me coaching him, or trying to give him some tips, not being able to be involved, you know?

I remember a converstaion I had with him prior to the season starting......he said Dad I love to get hit! Really people that is not what you want to hear if you are playing on offense...

Anyways we are really proud our football star - he had 5 takles as defensive end, wide open looks as a receiver and had some some great kicks. I am really going to enjoy the season - finally watching my son play the sport I love.


p/s - I thought my thoughts deserved it's own post!

No comments:

Post a Comment