Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Garland

So, the Nesting Place had a blog post about taking ugly garland and turning it into something beautiful. Being the unsatisfied owner of ugly Big Lots garland that I am, I was pretty taken with her post. However, she pretty much doesn’t do anything unless it’s done beautifully and … well, my decorating skills are about 8 levels below hers. So while I dreamed of the pretty garland I didn’t think I could accomplish it.

Last week we started getting out our Christmas decorations and I put the Big Lots stuff on the armoire {sadly, we don’t have a fireplace. It will be the first pre-requisite for a house. And until then I just imagine lot’s of cozy ones in heaven}. Then I started digging in boxes and got a little giddy. I added stuff and re-arranged and made it full. My “it’ll just take 5 minutes honey” turned into a over an hour project which involved Jason sitting and watching me, and cutting all sorts of wires with his manly wire cutters, and then sitting and watching again.

Anyway, here it is {and of course, a photo never does justice. uh hum. lol}. I am pretty happy with it, but I think I am going to add more white lights: it adds to morning reading time. :) I added a tassel photo b/c it just reminded me of the Nester.



** For more Garland Show and Tell, visit The Nesting Place.

13 comments:

  1. Your garland looks great...how clever to put it on top of the armoire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love the fruit and candles sparkling too! Merry Christmas! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love the fruit and candles sparkling too! Merry Christmas! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Traci!

    It looks fantastic! Loving Big Lots too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, I like the fruit and love the iced candle trio.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, I like the fruit and love the iced candle trio.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I am a sucker for the sugared fruit look. Very nice...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love your garland. It's so lush and pretty. Absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sure did great with your Big Lots stuff! I thought it looked very pretty and festive!
    Merry Christmas!
    -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I think it is lovely!! WOW this is a great motivator! I think I'm a couple levels further down! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty! The fruit really adds the right touch! Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Your garland is beautiful! I love the tea lights you have added to it! SO PRETTY!

    ReplyDelete