Monday, December 01, 2008

Motivate Me Monday - Unbelief


1) What have you learned and/or how God has spoken to you lately?
I’ve been learning what unbelief looks like in my life. It’s easy to believe Him for my salvation, but I know that there are times unbelief reigns with situations regarding the future or specific unknowns. It’s very easy for me to get into "worry/ control" mode. Especially given my history of loss and being fully aware that tragically bad things do happen. I’m learning that unbelief can be crippling and can hold us captive so we’re not able to fully live out the life He has for us. I don’t want that, do you? I want to be all that I can be {uh, without joining the army!}. A verse that stuck out to me during my reading time was Isaiah 1:25 {I will turn my hand against you; I will thoroughly purge away your dross and remove all your impurities.}This is a reminder that God promised to refine His people similar to the way that metal is purged with lye in a smelting pot. The process involves melting the metal and skimming off the impure dross until the worker can see his own image in the liquid metal. However, we must be willing to submit to Him. I also love how in Mark 9:24 the man asks God to “help his unbelief”. I believe He honored that moment of honesty.

2) Share some advice, wisdom, practical applications, tips you've learned, etc. that you think would benefit others.
Again, really bad at the motivating here. Last week was a good week. I was tired, but it was an all-day reminder of what I was doing. As hard as it is to roll my lazy bootie out of bed, that time when the house is dark and quiet and still, it’s precious! The more I do it, the more I crave it. And I have new friends {photo above}. My only warning is that if you do take this on, others will notice, and it’s contagious. This morning when I practically sleep walked to the kitchen my husband was already up and sitting in the chair across from where I sit, with a cup of hot coca and his bible in front of him. LOVE that man!

*** For other Motivate Me Mondays visit Like A Warm Cup Of Coffee

5 comments:

  1. Traci, I am so with you on how hard it is to get out of bed, but once I do the time is precious.

    It also hurts to grow and become like Christ - you sure nailed it! I know that in the end I will receive the crown of life, and that makes it all worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with Sarah Mae. Growing is never easy, especially in our relationship with Christ.

    Just an update: I caught the flu on Sunday morning - at my parent's house. I am feeling better today, but had to ride 12 hours in the car. Not the best holiday, but at least that's over with!

    Now I can get back on track!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just did my post on unbelief too and then I started reading everyone else's and read yours. I think that unbelief is something everyone who has experienced loss deals with. Thank God that He never leaves us there and that we have the opportunity to spend time with Him each and every day! Thanks for your post and your honesty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Traci,
    I am Brandi's friend, Kahri. I nominated you for an award on my blog. I love your blog. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, for that.

    ReplyDelete