Saturday, February 14, 2009

Call me a sucker,

but I just love Valentines Day. Some claim it's just a Hallmark day and so forth, but I get a little giddy over a holiday dedicated solely to celebrating the amazing gift of love. We wanted to spend the day showing the kids a way to love others, so we made hand dipped pretzels and drove around to deliver them to some of our favorite people.



We also had a special stop at my mom's to celebrate my brother's 24th birthday! We're both holiday babies, isn't that crazy? Happy birthday baby bro!

Tonight we celebrated here with a family candlelight dinner {the hubs and I had our own celebration last Monday}. I made an old favorite of Drew's, Hot Dog Enchilada's. Here's a photo for Ryan's benefit. :) Jason and I exchanged our own homemade cards/gifts. We ended with homemade chocolate covered strawberries. We were going to go for homemade pizookie, but Drew & I were walking around the store and a worker approached us with chocolate covered strawberry samples, which we ate, and then decided to change our dessert menu. ;-)



I hope you had a great day, doing something special with the people you love.

And if you find yourself single this year, or unhappy about the day, know that our family is praying especially for you tonight!





Jude 1:2 Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful valentines day. Great ideas. Love the pretzels. Jaime

    ReplyDelete