Thursday, February 26, 2009

stupid lies and his truth.

I’ve been working on a special project the last two weeks. Then today, I was over @ Sarah Mae’s blog and I discovered she’s doing a great challenging series on the very topic of my project. I’ve been meaning to post this for ya’ll, but it seems the Lord had me wait, b/c now I can direct you to the Breaking Free From Your Lies series. Check it out, and read what insight Sarah Mae has … it can be life changing!

As for me and my project … I’ve spent the last couple of months trying to decipher what some of the strongholds in my life are. I want to see those lies for what they are. I think God has revealed to me some, but as Sarah states, it’s going to be a life long lesson – I am just grateful I was nudged enough to get started. So, during the last two weeks I have spent my early morning time researching the bible looking for God’s truths that speak directly to the lies I’ve been believing.

One lie I’ve believed is that there is much to fear. Since we lost the girls, I have spent more time then necessary worrying. Worrying some other tragic thing will happen, worrying that my husband will be taken from me, worrying that {a billion other things here}. There was a trauma, and the enemy then fed me with lies, using my brokenness to make them seem like truths in my head. I quickly learned that the lies can take over and affect so many other facets of life. My relationships and children. My intimacy with Christ. Etc.

My goal the last two weeks has been to find scripture that counteracts the lies. The lies above and some other ones that have been embedded in my thought life. Some verses I’ve found that speak specifically to the fear, is 1 John 4:4, Psalm 139:1-3, Psalm 139:12, Hebrew 13:5, Joshua 1:9(b), Psalm 142:7, Isaiah 41:10, Psalm 46:1-3, Proverbs 1:33, Psalm 32:7 … I can go on and on. I wrote these verses on an index card book {w/ spiral binding}. Each lie has its own category, and I’ve filled the book with Truth.

Sometimes we can ask God to remove thoughts or habits and yet they remain. I believe this might be because He wants more for us. Maybe it’s too easy to have the lie just pop out of our minds when we command, maybe He wants us to see the lie for what it is and for the stronghold it has on our life, and He wants us to replace that lie with His Truth, so that the Truth is what becomes embedded in us. The truth is what flows inside of us, and when a thought based on lies presents itself we will be able to tell the enemy that WE WILL NOT take his bait. We have the truth, in our books and hopefully, eventually … in our hearts. I think it’s possible, and I am excited to be on this journey.

Now, go read the amazing series at Like a Warm Cup of Coffee.

5 comments:

  1. One of my core lies is definitely worry and fear. I'm constantly wondering if today is the day that my husband will be taken from me. Or my daughter. Or if I will be taken. Will it be a car accident? It's awful. I'm going to look up your verses, and will continue praying that I will live in HIS truth and not in the lies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you hit the nail on the head with this post. Great writing by the way. I hope to read also what Sarah Mae wrote and also work through some issues myself. Enjoy your weekend and may it be worry and fear free. Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great great great post! If you don't mind, I'm going to use some of it in my series, as a challenge. It's wonderful how you are searching out the TRUTH straight from God's word.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't mind at all, thanks for the series!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. I have been needing that - as my fears have been getting the best of my thoughts lately.

    ReplyDelete