Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Demi Pointe and my marriage.

There’s something to be said about studying the technique of something. Rather than simply watching as a spectator, you get a glimpse of the work, passion, and control that gets put into an action.

Last night the hubs and I went to ballet class. We did!

You should see that man do a Fouetté rond de jambe en tournant.

Kidding. He’d probably hurt himself.

We observed a ballet class, for school. And then spent the remainder of the night writing reports. Regardless, as a former dancer I have to say that I was thrilled to do this. My hubs – as a former football player, made fun of ballet the whole drive there.

At some point during the class one of the students did indeed do a Fouette en tournant {fancy French words for spinning on one foot with a pile in between}, and my husbands jaw dropped open as he glanced at me wide eyed. As a man who has probably seen more than his share of dance {remember, former dancer here} I was excited to note the difference in him and he took in the ballet as an art, watching the class – rather than watching a show, which he always construed as a somewhat boring form of entertainment.

As we were leaving the studio he commented “I’m sure I’ll regret saying this, but I really enjoyed that”. Shhh … don’t tell him I leaked it, I think it’s supposed to be a secret. ;-)



I love when the hubs takes the time to invest in things that are precious to me! I love it even more when he leaves surprised at what he saw! What crazy things has your man done for you???

No comments:

Post a Comment