Friday, March 20, 2009

Week 5, from pg journal

“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.” Mark 12:30





Lord, I’ve barely had time to process that I’m pregnant, and baby’s tiny brain is already forming and development. Such a miracle. What a complex organ the human brain is. I can’t hope to ever understand it completely, but I take comfort in that fact that you designed it and know it inside and out.





I pray that you will bless my child with a fully functioning brain. May every cell and every lobe work precisely the way you designed it to work. May he constantly be learning and making new connections. I pray that I might do my part to make his environment conducive to intellectual simulation and growth. His IQ doesn’t matter, as long as he makes the most of what you’ve given him.





Father, help him to use his mind in hundreds of positive ways. Bless him with intelligence so that he might use it to be a blessing to others. Help him to love you, Lord, not just with his heart, but with his mind.





In Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment