Monday, March 02, 2009

Worry!!


Matthew 6:25-34 That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life – whether you have enough food & drink or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food and your body more than clothing? Look at the birds, they don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? And don’t worry about your clothing! Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown in the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith? So don’t worry about these things, saying “What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?” These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the kingdom of God above all else and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s troubles are enough for today.

7 lessons from Mat 6:25-34
6:25 – the same God who created life in you can be trusted with the details of your life.
6:26 – worry about the future hampers your efforts for today.
6:27 – worrying is more harmful than helpful.
6:28-30 – God does not ignore those who depend on Him.
6:31,32 – worrying shows a lack of faith and understanding of God.
6:33 – worrying keeps us from real challenges God wants us to pursue.
6:34 – living one day at a time keeps us from being consumed with worry.

taken from NLT Life Application Bible.


This was special insight for me to read today. #1 – We found out late last week that Jason had finally been approved for medical insurance. Took 3 rejections and a phone call to the State Insurance Commissioner. A little more pricy than we were hoping, but regardless a MAJOR blessing. Proof God provides. #2 – Remember how we spent over a grand at the mechanic last month? It’s like groundhog day. Different car, different problem. Pretty much the same price. Though this problem is due to a different mechanic’s negligence. It’s easy for me to whine about how we’re taking leaps of faith financially for ministry, so this SHOULDN’T be happening to us {sounds good, right?}, but the above keeps me grounded, and I am reminded that if we’re faithful our needs will be provided for in the perfect way. And I’m super thankful that we never crashed with all that was actually going on in our truck.



** For more motivate me mondays, visit Like A Warm Cup of Coffee

5 comments:

  1. Grrr...it does seem like as soon as we feel like we're in God's will, something happens to discourage us. You are wise not to worry. The Lord will always provide, as you well know. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i grew up in a constant state of worry. it was just me and my mom and i was always worried about something happening to her. i'm still probably more protective over my kids than a lot of moms, but the Lord is showing me and teaching me that he loves and cares for me and my family and i don't have to worry so much. thanks for the reminder.

    btw, i was checking out some posts on your blogroll and noticed that my old blog (mommymadness)is listed... so if you noticed i wasn't updating, it's cause i moved :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this verse. A friend gave it to me not too long ago when my husband was going through a layoff at work. Such an awesome reminder...if he will take care of the birds...won't he take care of me? Y-E-S!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This verse is actually one that I have been clinging to lately. We have actually been dealing with different things that have made us think the same thing - we are being faithful in tithing and trying to give extra to missions, a church plant, a building fund, etc. and still trials keep coming our way. But all of our needs and then some are being provided for and that is all that matters. GREAT reminder for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all hits at once, doesn't it?

    Very encouraging post. I have been worried right now how I am going to make it alone during the day with two toddlers and a newborn - where is the energy going to come from?! I needed to read this - thank you!

    ReplyDelete