Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Spreading the news.

In the world of blogs and facebook and texting and whatever else, news travels rather quickly. Can you imagine having to send a hand written letter to your cousin in Kansas on horseback, knowing she wouldn’t get it for 3 weeks and 4 days. Or something.

My mom found out we were pregnant because my crying, blubbering self called her first thing {remember, I was pretty shocked}. I also tried calling my best friend. She, however, didn’t answer for hours. HOURS, people. And so finally when she did wake her booty up and call me back I was {semi}calm and had a little plan formulating in my head. So, other than my mom – this is how we told those closest to us we were expecting:

**Set up a camera {in our case it was with the pretense that we were taking photos for Jay’s adoption book.}

**Set the self-timer.

**Right before the red blinking light flashes, have husband announce “we’re pregnant!”.

And wa-la … you get a photo that looks like this …

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:04 AM

    You come up with some good stuff Traci! Hope your not dealing with the puke too bad, take care! Are you going to find out the sex? Melisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it!!

    Hope you stop puking soon though. I can't imagine that it is very fun to experience.

    julied (from HP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! How fun for you, your friends, and your new little one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry it's been so long since I've visited - but CONGRATULATIONS GIRL!!! I'm so very happy and excited for you! I will remember to pray for you and this precious little life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. he he he...hey had i knew you were going to tell me you were pregnant i would have most definitely answered the phone. so there. :-)

    ReplyDelete