Thursday, April 02, 2009

with every beat of my heart.

Today I spent time recalling what it was like to go to my very first ultrasound. It was almost exactly 4 years ago {minus 3 days}. I sat around eating leftover pizza {don't know how I managed that back then!!} as I waited for the hubs to get home. I was SO excited! I was thrilled, knowing that shortly I would SEE my baby {which I learned, were babies}. I'll admit that today I was angry that that innocence was taken away.

I told ya'll I've been focusing on the sparrows verse. Today at lunch I tried mediating on it to calm my spirits, and felt nothing. Then Ephesians 3:20 came into my head. It's a verse with a completely different theme {expectation}, so when I walked back into my office I took some time to look it up and I attempted to memorize it word by word so I could have it in my head at my appointment. Once I got home I told Jason about my change in verses and how I felt God had given it to me; he shared that someone had prayed for us today using that same piece of scripture in their prayer! On the drive to the appointment I decided I would tell you this story about Ephesians 3:20 regardless of the outcome of our appointment. It overwhelmed me.

I was told that at our stage in pregnancy only 40% of people are able to see a heartbeat. I am not sure how accurate that is, but regardless that is exactly what Jason and I have been praying for leading up to today. Not only growth, but a heartbeat.



God showed His favor upon us in that little room as we spent several minutes being amazed by the beating heart of our baby. My husband has been praying for God to "show off" and I believe He did.

The doctor was looking around when he suddenly stated "And here's the other baby".







I am not kidding, folks!!!










But, he was. Ha, Ha, funny guy.


Thank you so much. I have never felt more covered in prayer. From all of you and the emails and my phone blowing up with text messages today. Really, thank YOU. Your prayers and encouragement mean SO much - and we're going to need it in the upcoming months.

Ephesians 3:20 {Italics mine, I memorized it w/ them}
My God is able to do immeasurably more then all I(you) can ask or even imagine.

12 comments:

  1. YAY! YAY! YAY!!!!!!!!!! We have been waiting for this wonderful update ALL day!!! God is AWESOME and he DOES like to show off! We are overjoyed and praising the Lord for that sweet heartbeat! Praise the Lord!!!! Congrats to you all!

    (oh, and funny doctor! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PTL!!! God is SO good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:39 AM

    Praise God! His Love is Amazing - Steady and Unchanging! We've seen you praise Him during the difficult times and now we rejoice with you as you praise Him during this beautiful and exciting time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karon4:33 AM

    Traci, I'm so thankful. I so understand the loss of innocence, and praise God for this wonderful news! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too understand the loss of innocence. Thank you for being open and vulnerable here. No matter my own outcome, this will be a great verse to think on today as I go for a beta draw.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:31 AM

    I don't have the words right now , I am just so happy , happy is not even a a good word, I don't know if I want to cry or do a happy dance! I do know that I checked this blog about a million times yesterday! I was praying so hard for you to see that beautiful blinking heart. God is good, all the time, and all the time God is Good! YAY, I am just so, so excited for you guys. ((((HUGE HUGS)))) I will continue to pray for a take home baby for your family. I believe in my heart that this time it will happen for you! Traci I am going to pray that you can bond quickly with this baby, I was hesitant to bond with Jesse until late in my pregnancy, after losing my other at almost 5 months, I just was so scared to get attached. Thanks you for sharing all of this with us. Loved your Dr.s joke, and the pic of JX2 holding the u/s pic. I can't stop smiling! Melisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Traci-
    I am overwhelmed with emotion for you and your baby right now. I had to run to the bathroom and grab a tissue. I'm actually loud sobbing I'm so happy and so thankful to the Lord. You have been on my heart since you asked for our prayers. Keep us informed, and I will continue lifting you up in prayer. Our God is so big and so good and so faithful! Praises to Him! What a beautiful story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, so happy for you! What a beautiful first picture of your little baby! I have to admit, much like others, I was moved to tears. Will keep praying...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you God for giving this amazing gift to the Garber family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praise God! How awesome!! So excited for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tracy
    I have no words to say how happy I am for you. I'm praying that you enjoy the next 9 months in peace and calm and enjoy every moment of morning sickness (but not too bad) swollen feet, big belly and all the good stuff of getting up in the middle of the night to go pee, feeling your baby move, Jason feeling the baby move and your littles waiting unexpectantly for their little brother or sister. I pray for all these things for you sister and more to come :-)
    love ya
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very happy for you guys...and praying!!!

    ReplyDelete