Monday, May 25, 2009

baby surgery!


A cerclage …or “making sure things stay closed” as my husband would say {in front of a church service, apparently}. Tomorrow morning @ 10am we check in to the same hospital I delivered our girls for a cerclage surgery {which is scheduled for noon, but may happen sooner}. Basically a cerclage is a procedure that is done to “sew” your cervix closed in an effort to assist an “incompetent cervix”. I realize I used quotations a lot there, and I am a little offended my cervix is labeled as incompetent. Anyway, this should ensure that if I go into pre-term labor I will be much more aware of it then I was the last time around. The anesthesia will be done via spinal block, which honestly freaks me out more than anything else. And I will be alone. My hubs, my strength, my calmness will have to wait in the waiting room and that is a big bummer to me. But I’ll have my Jesus, and you can bet ya I’ll be praying. {or crying}. I am hoping they let me wear socks, because I feel less naked if I have socks on. And that’s always nice in a room full of people you don’t really know. ;-) Luckily, I’ll be able to come home from the hospital sometime tomorrow night.

In non-cervix news, my boys scheduled me for a pregnancy massage for Mother’s Day, and I asked if we could gift my mom with the same thing {minus the pregnancy part}. So on yesterday, mom and I spent the day being massaged and facial-ed, and milk bathed and manicured and relaxing by the fireplace and in the quiet room. It was wonderful!


We spent today at the beach with our friends! No better way to kick in the first unofficial weekend of summer. The kids played and got full of sand; it turned out to be a beautiful day and I enjoyed it! Here’s some photo’s of our kiddos: {How sweet is the photo w/ the hat!!??}








Here’s to hoping that the next update you read is one about how amazing easy and awesome the surgery was. :)








4 comments:

  1. I AM PRAYING FOR YOU AND YOUR SWEET LITTLE BABY!!!

    Yes, totally cute pic in the hat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:29 AM

    Hoping and praying that today passes with ease. Hope they let you keep the socks on :)
    Melisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many prayers for you today, Traci. I have had two healthy rainbow babies at the hospital we lost Sarah in. The last one was hard since it looked like the same room. But I have every confidence that today will go well, and I can't wait until you hold that baby in your arms and take him or her home with you. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete