Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I coulda' kissed him ...

My anesthesiologist that is. After the whole heartbeat fiasco, when the anesthesiologist came in and asked if I wanted “happy juice” I was 100% sure I did. When they wheeled me into the OR and he was prepping me for the spinal, I told him that the spinal was the part I was most fearful of. He was very cool about it and with only a few squeezes to my OR nurses hand, he was done. He stayed by my head during the whole procedure and talked to me, and kept offering more happy juice. ;-) {for the record, I declined}. He was such a comfort. After my dr. excitedly informed me he was done and all was well my OR nurse and the anesthesiologist wheeled me to recovery, where I unfortunately spent the next 4 hours.

Today, I am in a lot of pain – more so then I expected. My dr. just called {our home phone, and we didn’t hear it, so I didn’t talk to him, but I may call him back just to be assured that what I am feeling is okay}. The hubs bought me a preggo full body pillow, which is heaven itself. There was no sleeping in our bed last night, and he was looking for something to bring comfort. I used it to movie watch and it’s wonderful. I have the best husband! He also made me walk out to the sidewalk {told you I was in pain! It hurt!}, but he read I need to move a little.

So, thanks so much for praying for us! I can’t wait to see the baby again, knowing s/he is okay in there with all the commotion. 2 more weeks!

In other news, I finally watched my Ti-Vo’d Grey’s finale. So sad. I hope they both don’t really die! What’d ya think?

Oh, and one last thing – this girl got socks - to wear the WHOLE time there! Yay for not being naked! {Jason thinks it's so funny I snuck to take a photo of my feet, but I told him any blogger would do it. All about the memories, folks.}

6 comments:

  1. Oh I am so glad to hear that things went well. I have to say that as someone who has had multiple C-sections, the anesthesiologist is my best friend in that OR. That is the part that I am the most freaked over and will bring me to tears, and I am so thankful when there is a good doc doing it all! If we can help with any errand running or anything, please don't hesitate to holler!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetie, I have blogged from my delivery room. I totally get it.

    I'm so glad things went well. What kind of pillow did he get you? Pregnancy pillows are awesome, and I hate giving them up after giving birth. But I co-sleep with my newborns (makes night feeding so much easier) and it's dangerous to keep that kind of pillow in the bed with us.

    As soon as baby moves into his or her own bed, though, that pillow is MINE again! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to hear things went well (considering). Sorry you are in pain. I have had 2 cerclages and while they weren't terrible, there is discomfort you don't expect! Hoping and praying today is better!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are recovering well. Love the socks. Anything to make you feel better. Much love. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been thinking that I may need to invest in a full body pillow as well. They look like heaven!

    I watched the Grey's finale last week and my 2 year old sat and comforted me as I sobbed! It was awful! I was expecting it to be sad, but oh my goodness. I can't handle 2 deaths. Great twist though. I was definitely not expecting that!

    Take care, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ow ow ow! And hooray for warm socks and may I suggest a heating pad (not going to fix anything, but at least it's distracting.)

    I wanted to let you know that I featured you today on blogher.com, because I do love your blog! Cheers and good luck and I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete