Monday, June 15, 2009

Bed rest {for the year, it seems}

We had an dr.’s appt last Tuesday, and Dr. T lifted my strict bed rest! Yay! He left me with “light” bed rest and extended it until, uhm … NOVEMBER – when the baby comes! So, I am home and out of work for the rest of the year. Financially, not at all fun {AHHHHH}, however we are pretty much thrilled with this and I feel like a huge weight has been lifted. My only responsibility now is my boys and this baby. Sure we’ll eat rice and beans for the rest of the year, but we’ll be together and we’ll make it brown rice for the fiber {that was sarcasm, the rice and beans part!}.

I’ve had a few tastes of freedom in the last week! A trip to the store, in which I bought supplies for my newest bed ridden hobby {see bottom of post}. I’ve been wheel-chaired around a few times, which at first was uncomfortable, but the desire to be doing something outside overrode. Yesterday I went to church for the first time in like 4 weeks – and THEN went to Drew’s b-ball games. Although I was sitting the whole time, it was still painful, and I think I overdid it, but I am learning. {Which, btw, Drew’s team won the tournament they were in this weekend – they ROCK. As do the Lakers! Next weekend they are going to Vegas for another tourney, but obviously, we’re not going to be able to make it there :( !}

Today I should get my box-o-drugs in the mail. I’ll be getting progesterone shots weekly, given to me by my mom and a couple of brave friends. We’re going on Friday for the shot training, b/c I want my wanna-be nurses to be well informed in the giving Traci shots business. {Huge praise for this – the drug and needles, etc. are not covered by my insurance, so we were bracing to pay $75 a week for them, however - my awesome nursey friend found them in Nor Cal at a pharmacy for $10 a week plus shipping. YAY God – and nursey friend!}

So, that’s pretty much the lowdown on baby E. I have to say that I feel so SMALL, compared to how big I was at this stage with the twins. And then I eat and I feel so stuffed that I don’t see how anything else can fit in there … ah, the adventures!

And on to my newest hobby: My mom can whip up a blanket in a night – I’ve never crocheted before last Wednesday. So we’ll see how it goes, but a heads-up: don’t be surprised if your Christmas gift comes in the form of something made out of yarn.

My cozy, beautiful home and I … we’re signing off …

4 comments:

  1. Just found my way here via... hmm, now I'm not sure. I'm doing some blog hopping while my son sleeps. I should be making dinner but...

    Anyway, just wanted to say that I'll be praying for you and your family. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crochet is so much fun. And once you get the hang of it, it just zips along. Think of the adorable baby afghans you could have made by the time this little peanut comes along!

    As for your shots, you don't have any nurse friends? If I still lived in California, I'd totally offer. I'm licensed and everything.

    Enjoy being home, and take it easy. You're all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow I ended up on your blog, and I love it! Good luck with bed rest. I had to do it for 3 weeks and thought I'd go crazy! And I love crochet and knitting. Nothing makes time pass quickly like being crafty. Good luck with it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started crocheting last October (thanks to katy macias!). EVERYONE got yarn stuff for Christmas. I found an easy baby booty pattern that's super cute: http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70225AD.html.

    ReplyDelete