Tuesday, July 21, 2009

BlogHop - favorite recipe

So, this is not my absolute “favorite” recipe ever, I must admit. I am more of a fall foodsy type of person, pumpkin this and that, soups, all-spice, apple everything and cranberries … that sort of thing. I do, however, LOVE this recipe and have been craving it for the last week or so. I think I originally got it from Food and Wine magazine, and typically make it every spring. It is, by far, the best blueberry muffin you will ever eat {And I’d about kill for one right now!}.

Blueberry Muffins with Crumb Topping
Crumb topping:
I cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons light brown sugar
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Muffins:
1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
2 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
½ cup canola oil
¾ cup milk {recipe calls for whole, but I use non-fat}
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 ½ cups fresh blueberries

1. Preheat oven to 375. Line muffin cups with paper or spray {makes about 18 muffins}
2. Make the crumb topping: Combine the flour with the brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in the melted butter, then pinch the mixture until it forms pea-sized clumps.
3. Make the muffins: Wisk the flour with the baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, eggs, and canola oil and beat with a mixer at low speed until combined. Beat in the whole milk and vanilla. Add the flour mixture all at once and beat at low speed until the batter is smooth. Stir in the blueberries.
4. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling them about ¾ the way full. Sprinkle crumb topping on top of each one and bake for 30 minutes or so. Let them cool before serving!


MckLinky Blog Hop

2 comments:

  1. Oh yum. And that blueberry picture is making me hungry!

    Stopping by from the blog hop! If you want to check out my entry, I'm #124!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! That sounds delish! Thanks so much for the recipe and I will for sure be trying it out. :)

    ReplyDelete