Thursday, July 30, 2009

Pregnancy goal #1


Our pregnancy has 3 goal dates, and today we reached numero uno. I’ll admit I feel like I still have forever to go before I feel “safe”, but I also know there was a time I felt like I’d never get here.

Today is 24 weeks, and should Ella be born now, she’d have a 40% survival rate. Which might sound depressing to you. But every woman on bedrest for cervical incompetence and/or preterm labor {& their dr.} would tell you that this week marks a major feat! Steroid shots to develop lungs can be given this week. And while 40% doesn’t sound all that great, it’s a heck of a lot better than what we were looking at last week and the week before! Next week, the survival rate moves up to 70%, and now each single day baby stays snug inside increases her chances of a healthy life.


Given all that, Ella and I have decided to hold out for goal #2.

And #3.

We had a talk.

To see all things pregnancy related & sign our guestbook, visit Ella's site here.

1 comment:

  1. I continue to pray for you and for Ella. I can understand your relief in hitting the 24 week mark. I'm almost there, and just like you, will breathe a sigh of relief. The Lord has had His hand on Ella since the very beginning, and He still does. Rest in His peace and take comfort in your Savior.

    ReplyDelete