Monday, September 21, 2009

Our incredible baby shower:

Our baby shower was a couples shower. I figured Jason had just as much to do w/ this as I did - not to mention he's been at every appointment, held back the hair, and pretty much waited on me hand and foot for the last 3+ months, that he deserved to be apart of the fun! Plus, we're a team and the day wouldn't have been complete without him there!

I am sharing details b/c I know how much bloggers love party planning ;)It was a pickles and ice cream {pink & lime green} theme. They served chicken wraps which are so yummy, had a salad bar and a pickle bar.

Here are the invites. Super cute!


My mom did an amazing job making everything happen and she had help from two of my very special girlies, Rebekah and Cara. Because I LOVE party planning myself, and I am sitting on my bum all day they allowed to be in on some of the craftiness. {somehow my mom escaped a photo with me, again!}

These are some of the fun decorations. For center pieces they got mason jars, transformed them into 'pickles jars' with personalized pickle labels and then filled them with pink flowers, complete with a ribbon. They are beautiful and I have several sitting around my home right now. I think they were one of my favorite things {& thanks Cara - she had to go on a hunt for the flowers!}. The sign you can barely see {which will enlarge if you click on it} said our baby girls name. The favors were ice cream scoops w/ little thank yous on them {which I kept forgetting to hand out, so I apologize if you didn't get one & I owe you a scooper!} The guestbook was for everyone to sign along with some parenting advice, thus the title "when you're in a pickle ... ". My mom made red velvet {for Jason} cupcakes in ice cream cones. They were frosted and sprinkled and then had cupcake toppers inserted. They ARE yummy!


We heart these people! And a whole bunch of other people who didn't sneak into the photos. We had people coming and going for several hours and it was so nice to be able to see so many faces! Thank you so much for supporting us!

Typically speaking, I am not a shower 'games' fan, but these games were so fun! I just watched of course, but it was fun to see everyone else laughing & having fun! They played a "water breaking" game {everyone was given a teeny baby frozen in ice and who ever melted theirs and got their baby out first won!}; we had a guess the baby food game and that was fun to watch some of the youth do! Ha!; we had a 'Poop in the Pail' game where the men tossed 'poopy' diapers into small basketball hoops. They were challenged by the women - Ha! - turns out a woman won! And then we played a 'Chug the Bottle' game where everyone attempted to chug liquid as quickly as they could out of a baby bottle. A woman won that too! ;)


Having some fun:


Opening gifts! Jason was going so fast, he didn't allow for OH and AH time! He kept saying we were losing daylight {which, in fact we did!}. We are so blessed by your kindness and generosity to our family! Thank you so much! Ella is a lucky girl to have so many already LOVE her! Josiah and I spent yesterday morning {I got my church pass and my wheelchair pass taken away, so no more church for me & Jay has some weird cold thing going on} re-opening the gifts. We got to do it all over, and it was so FUN. He kept saying "so beautiful" at each new outfit and item, lol. Jason built Ella's bassinet last night {photo of finished project to come!} I guess it's all for real now!

Again, thanks for celebrating with us and blessing us! I saw so many people helping with food and working tables and doing so much! I've already said this, but there was a time I never thought I'd have my own actual baby shower and ya'll made the day AMAZING. THANK YOU!

6 comments:

  1. Traci! Looks SO fun! What beautiful decorations!! CONGRATS! Can't wait to hear about Ella's arrival!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:01 PM

    crying tears of joy for you and Jason, so, so happy for you. Melisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could have come, Traci! I love baby showers and I would have loved to have seen you and your mom, and helped prepare to welcome Ella into the world. Sometimes living in Minnesota stinks. It looks like a wonderful shower. Dominic and I had our baby shower as a couples thing, too. =) I can't wait till Ella makes her safe arrival into the world. I'm praying for you always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Post.....

    I found your site on stumbleupon and read a few of your other posts. Keep up the good work. I just added your RSS feed to my Google News Reader. Looking forward to reading more from you down the road!

    Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stumbled on your post and just wanted to say how adorable the shower was!

    hugs
    Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
    party inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:52 AM

    The quality of the equipment is 2nd to none.

    my webpage :: www.getfitnstrong.com/adjustable-dumbbells/dumbbell-sets/

    ReplyDelete