Saturday, October 10, 2009

I am the BIG brother!


Today my daddy took me to a big brother class at the hospital that mommy stays in sometimes when they need to visit Ella's doctor. I got to wear my big brother shirt that I got at Ella's baby shower and my daddy bought me a doll for practice. So far I am taking very good care of my doll and will help her when mommy helps Ella. I want to name her Koby, but my mommy says that is our doggies name, so maybe I should think of something else.

To be honest, the lady at the class talked for a really lllooooonnnnnnggggg time and I just don't have the patience for that. Then she showed us how to put a diaper on our dolls and how to wrap them up in blankets when it's cold {my mommy said it is called swaddling}. Then she took us on a tour and we got to see 2 real babies! We also watched a video.

At the end I got a graduation certificate and another big brother t-shirt that I wanted to wear all day even though mommy said the one I wore to class was cuter. I think I am ready for Ella ... she kicked me twice last night! It was funny! Daddy says I don't know what's coming, but I am a good helper and I think it will be fun to help with Ella!

My mommy and daddy are upset because as of Nov. 1st, they aren't allowing children under 16 to visit mommies and new babies. I don't really know what that means except that they may be able to get brother in, but I won't get to meet Ella until she comes home. Other than that, my big brother class was a success! Thank you daddy for taking me!

Love, Josiah

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great big brother!! (Sorry about the deleted comment. I used the wrong log-in.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:13 AM

    AWWWWWWW! Way to go Josiah! Don't be surprised if you catch him lifting up his shirt to nurse his baby if you are going to nurse Ella, both my girls did that! I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has flown by, can you? I bet it feels like forever because of the bedrest. So exciting, she's almost here! Melisa

    ReplyDelete