Friday, October 02, 2009

So, it's been a year.

If you'll take a moment to recall this post... I've wanted a bedroom make-over. And I decided to do it a year ago! Ha! My husband just did it last week! Nothing like a baby to get things a movin!

Here is a before photo of room, though this was several years ago, but it's the only one I can currently find, and you get the general drift. Okay, but I felt cluttered.

Then my hubs sanded and patched and painted and built and over the year I've found deals on things I've wanted {in fact, that comforter set I wanted ... my procrastination resulted in it going 50% off at the end of last year, so I was able to purchase it!}. We de-cluttered a lot, and of course, kept my bright red wall! And right now, I absolutely LOVE our bedroom. I love our windows, our simpleness. I am so sick of the couch, that I have been spending a ton of time in here actually. It's so yummy!

So, here's the after photo:

The wall wording is a symbol of a posey necklace {Poesy (n): A short poem or sentiment decoratively inscribed on rings or jewelry, particularly in the Middle Ages - usually a romantic gift or token of friendship. The frequent mention of poesy rings in William Shakespeare's plays, attests to their popularity in 16th Century England: "Is this a prologue, or the Poesy of a ring?" Tradition has it that words which touch the skin have a particular power. Poesy Rings were traditionally given in sterling silver as engagement rings, and then replaced with the same ring in gold upon marriage.} that Jason purchased for me long ago. ;)

My extra 40 {+, uhm} pounds is very grateful this baby was installed!

And this, my friends, is where Ella will spend her first few months. I love having it here to see every morning and pray over at night!

Thank you baby, for all of your hard work!

3 comments:

  1. The room looks great. Way to go hubs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that same bassinet/changing table combo... I noticed it when you posted a picture of it in the first stages of being built. it's still in my bedroom.. I havent found it in me to put it away into the nursery. It just looks so cute in my room. I cant move it!

    ReplyDelete