Monday, November 02, 2009

Someone push pause so I can bottle this stuff up.

We have a 14 year old who WANTS to talk to us and WANTS to play board games with us. He helps and is caring and compassionate.

We have a 4 year old who wants to marry me. He is adamant that it is his mommy who will become his wife when he’s all “growed up”. Our life is full of moments like these, which just make me laugh:

I have a baby girl who moves around in my belly. The Giver of Life has chosen to share this with me. We will meet her soon!

I am madly in love with my best friend. A man I meant at a Halloween party 13 years ago. He is amazing!

We wake up and eat breakfast as a family. Sometimes they eat and let me sleep until far past the time a grown woman should! My husband goes off to work, where he spends days impacting lives for Jesus. I get to stay home and take care of my home and family.

It’s on these hilltops that I wish I could put it all into a bottle. So, someday, while in a valley, I can pull it out and open the lid and breathe it all in, taste it, remember every detail.

It’s 2:30am, I am awake timing contractions. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Amen!!

    You know how to make a girl cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. Simply & Truly Lovely.

    Looking forward to hearing the results of the timed contractions.

    ReplyDelete