Friday, December 18, 2009

Deck the halls!



Jason had got out most of the decorations while miss E Brooklyn and I were in the hospital, but he wasn’t happy with it. To be honest, I was a bit annoyed that he was fussing & not just glad the tree was up at all like I was {he never made a production out of it, so this fully was a silent battle – ha!}. I figured if he wanted more “Christmas” up – he could do it. Then I realized that to him, it wasn’t “right”, it wasn’t us, and it didn’t feel like “home”. What he was {silently} asking for was my touch, the comfort of all that was familiar, and the sweetness of our home at Christmas. It wasn’t about the decorations; it was about tradition and comfort. Thus, it dawned on me what a huge gigantic wife compliment his need was – and I submitted.

After it was all done {not as elaborate as some years, but that wasn’t what he was looking for} he beamed, and that made it worth it for me. And, I admit, I needed it too.

So, a few bits of our home this year: Christmas style …


No comments:

Post a Comment