Wednesday, January 27, 2010

apple?

Josiah walked into the house today, his dirty hands full … “Mama, I found apples!”

“Where honey?”

“In the backyard. I pulled them off of Daddy’s big bush.”

“Um … those are tomatoes.”

Sincere consideration. “They don’t look like tomatoes.”

“That’s because they weren’t ready to be picked. They need that big bush to keep growing.”

“Oh.” ………… “Can we tie them back on so they will grow up and daddy will never know?”



How often do I pull before it’s time? Decisions without prayer, speaking without checking intentions, attempting to take charge all on my own strength. I am sorry, Father … can I tie them back onto your vines? I know you can show me growth and maturity and patience.
And I thank you for having much more grace than the {now bare} tomato plant in my backyard.

3 comments:

  1. Oops! =) Did you know they are not wasted though. You can wrap them in newspaper to continue to process. I had a blog friend do it and it worked. Check it out: http://jkmassonfrance.blogspot.com/2009/11/im-turning-red.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^^ 謝謝你的分享,祝你生活永遠多彩多姿!.........................

    ReplyDelete