Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sit ups and s.t.u.f.f.

We had a very kickback weekend!
I did tax stuff on Saturday, while Josiah ate Oreo’s
and Jason and Drew took our Christmas lights down {ya know, before next Christmas rolls around!}{Man our trim looks DIRTY!}.
The boys hung out and watched movies. From which I’ll be hearing the lines repeated for months, I am sure. {Josiah was singing All The Single Ladies chorus from Alvin and the Chipmunks all morning}.
In youth today the teens built their own Towers of Babel out of noodles and marshmallows
and Ella slept on the couch in the back of the room while her daddy preached.
And as I uploaded my pictures I discovered photos of Josiah in the church’s women’s restroom. I am not sure who took him to the restroom or why there are photos of it on my camera, but I bet I can use them in his wedding video someday.

I’ve been thinking that maybe this extra weight from pregnancy is not going to just fall off. Isn't that what extra weight does, just fall off? I’ve been at a plateau for the last 2 months. In fact, I think I’ve gained a few pounds … still being 20+ pounds heavier than when I got pregnant. I actually don’t mind my weight right now, except for the little pudge that makes me look 15 weeks pregnant and the fact that my jean size now contains 2 numbers. I have no intention of wanting my old body back. However, being “fit” is something that has always taken a lot of work on my part, regardless of my weight – and I am thinking it’s about time to get back on track. I’ve muttered to myself a billon times the last month {while practically hyperventilating at the top of a stair case to trying to find a cute shirt that fits from my closet} … “I should probably do something about this”. From the gallons of extra water I had while pregnant to the 5+ months of bedrest – it’s time to get my boo-ty in gear! Very easy to say! And write, actually!

Then Jesus sent me a plan of action last week in the form of my Feb issue of fitness magazine. Ha!


I decided to start on Monday {tomorrow!}. Jason was out of town last week and I was alone with the kids. That and it’s always better to put off till tomorrow what you don’t have to do today! Right?


No comments:

Post a Comment