Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ella’s Dedication


On Valentine’s day Ella was dedicated to the Lord during our church service.

She did not like it one bit.

She cried the whole time.

I mean, she screamed – bloody murder – the whole time.

During the actual event I was super concerned for her. It is completely unlike her to scream like that, especially while I am holding her. I typically am able to calm her down in minutes. Not that day. In hindsight I feel bad for all of the other people involved.

This was her face the entire time:

It was fairly obvious to me that she was in pain. She had been slightly fussy all weekend. Though I also wondered if she was tired of hearing people say how mellow of a baby she is and she wanted to prove them wrong – ha! Later that night she pooped the largest, grossest poop that I have ever seen in my life {keep in mind Jay wasn’t fully potty trained until 3 ½ and it trumped anything I’ve ever seen from him}. And she suddenly returned to her happy, smiley self. Poor girl. Is it odd that I find it completely appropriate to talk about my children’s poop on the internet?

After church we had a few family and friends over for a small lunch. It was really nice. I love being with people I enjoy and just relaxing!

This is the best family photo we got of the day:

This was her dress. I really wanted her to have a heirloom item, something special she could share with her daughters or granddaughters or whatnot. We’d been looking everywhere for the perfect dress, and I finally found a woman who made adorable christening dresses. I contacted her and asked if she’d make Ella this dress, and she did! I love how she can wear it for special occasions as she gets a little older as a top {b/c of the pillowcase style}. I am so pleased with the way it turned out.

And here are some shots of the girl:



For some sweet memories, you can read about Josiah's dedication day here.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry your princess had such a tummy ache. Beautiful pictures though. I especially love this last one! :) Praising God for His blessing to you in the sweet miracle of Ella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beauty, unaccompanied by virtue, is as a flower without perfume. ....................................................

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:11 AM

    I want your camera! :) Been enjoying all your posts lately, so glad everything seems to be going good with Ella, praise God! Seeing that picture of Kevin made me miss him being over at LLN, he was sooooo funny! Melisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO adorable! And no - we all completely understand the poo-talk :-) I've got mine on prunes DAILY to avoid such problems because it really does make them crabby!

    ReplyDelete