Friday, August 27, 2010

Grandma's birthday




This week my grandma turned 81. She has Alzheimer's and since her last stroke she is living in a 24 hour care home. Everytime she see's Ella she tells me it has been years since she has seen a baby that small, and when she asks me Ella's name and I tell her she informs me that her grandmother on her father's side was named Ella. :) After that, she plays with Ella and I think she's crazy about her.






Anyway my uncles from Seattle flew down to spend the day with her and we drove out to join them. We got her a cake and balloons and I hope she enjoyed herself.



2 comments:

  1. Kristi B.8:05 PM

    What sweet pictures!! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that your Grandma has Alzheimer's. My Mom will be 81 in Nov. and is in the late stage of Alzheimer's, it saddens me to know anyone who has to deal with this horrible disease. She has been in an assisted living facility that has a wing for Alzheimer's for 13 months. Such a devastating disease, enjoy every moment with your Grandma that you can. Hugs for you and your family and Grandma too!

    ReplyDelete