Wednesday, September 08, 2010

He went to school.



Oh my word! It's quite tragic for parents to send your babies off on that very first day. I have been {um, OVERLY} excited for him, but then it hit me that's it! He'll spend the next 9 years at this school {it's a elem/ middle combo}. I think I've mentioned that he's going into a kinder intervention class {sorta}, and I am praying he does well!

We built up the day big time. On Tuesday we had a meet and greet and he was so excited to show mommy and daddy his new big boy class room. We went shopping for the massive list of school supplies{really!?}. Then this afternoon we dropped him off, and all of the parents stood around taking photos and watching for like 30 minutes. LOL. Some kids clinged to moms, some cried. Josiah kissed me and said "I can't wait to learn!" {literally!}. One thing I totally appreciated today was that during pick-up when all the kids were waiting in line to go, it came upon Jay's turn and teacher asked "Who is here for you?" and he pointed to me and said "My Mommy!". I am so grateful to be able to stay home and be there for my children. So very grateful my husband finds it a huge priority even in the midst of our financial yuck. SO incredibly grateful he is willing to sacrifice for MY ministry.

Anyway, he is only at school for a little over 3 hours, and right now I think that is enough for the both of us. We also started our bible school at home this week, and he has been a excellent little pupil for me! :)

Such a bittersweet day!


1 comment:

  1. Yeahhhhh Jay Jay! We are sooooo very PROUD of you. You look so grown up in your first day photo it brought tears to my eyes. We LOVE you.
    Nana & Ampa

    ReplyDelete