Wednesday, November 24, 2010

photo day.


For Drew's 16th b-day {coming soon!} he wanted to have some photo's taken. We asked a friend who is a great photographer, but it rained and she wasn't able to do it the following day - so he was stuck with little ol' me.

We had SO much fun, which is why I think I love the photo's so much. It really was a great day! We were at a nature trail and I made him walk through some tall weeds, over snake holes, to which he says to me 'Whenever I am with you we always ignore the signs that say "STAY ON THE TRAIL"'. I laughed, but it is so true - and a bit of me likes that I can be defined that way. Parking along the road in Yosemite and climbing over the ledge to see the valley, trudging through a marsh in the Rocky Mountains just feet away from moose, jumping out of the boat to swim in coves in the Colorado river, spending a day walking around Salzburg by myself rather then joining the group tour ... this is where amazing moments are found. I want to discover and not limit myself to the things that are wrapped up neatly in the little boxes life creates. And, those places, my friends are where you capture beautiful memories like this ...
































Isn't he handsome?


And, I leave you with Mark Twain:
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

2 comments:

  1. Those really are great pictures, and great memories of your day together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT pictures and it looks like a really fun day together!!!

    ReplyDelete