Monday, January 03, 2011

2.0.1.1.

They say the way your year starts is how the theme of your days will be. I hope this is true, because our NYE was peaceful! Both kids fell asleep {we woke Josiah up minutes before midnight, b/c we had planned to let him stay up – he has years before – and I knew he would be SO disappointed to have missed the moment … we do a little midnight jumping on the bed thing}. We had just come home from a trip to San Diego and ordered pizza, rented movies and grabbed the blankies. It was heaven.

In our home we have a theme for the year, rather than a list of resolutions. This years theme is discipline. For us, not the kids. We want our children to SEE us living disciplined lives. Still, I can’t help but feel all those “This year I will …” There’s something about a new year that makes you think about all you can do better. Thankfully, in Christ we have a new chance, a clean slate each morning … we don’t have to wait for that ball to drop.

Lamentations 3:22-23
22 Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.


Like I mentioned, we went the Midway in San Diego. Josiah got a aircraft carrier for Christmas and his Ampa wanted to show him a real one. So we spent the day out there and spent the night at our time share. I thought it was a really nice little get away with family!

This is Josiah taking photos of mommy: ;)
And Mommy taking photos of Josiah:



















In other news, Ella's new favorite meal is beans. Any kind.

6 comments:

  1. You look beautiful Traci, Josiah is very talented photographer too :) I love seeing your happy family's faces. :) Happy 2011

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to ring in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, inquiring minds want to know. Did Ella tour the whole ship, or just the top deck? I'm just curious. We are so hoping to come to Southern California in the next few months before hubby gets too busy with work. We just visited the Midway a couple of years ago, so I doubt we would go back there, but if I remember right, a lot of that ship wouldn't be stroller friendly. I'm trying to think of fun things we can do as a family with a little one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miriam ... it is SOOOO good to hear from you!

    Niki - My mom stayed up with the stroller and I had Ella in a Moby and she toured the whole ship! It was no problem doing the stairs and ladders with Jason's help. There is a handicap elevator that goes down below, so you could do some of that with a stroller, but once you hit the ladders you wouldn't be able to go any further. Are you coming in June ... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I'll be able to go to the retreat in June. We want to do a family vacation. I don't see us being able to do both. And if I brought Mark, I don't see that working out well for him to be stuck in a hotel room solo with Mark, and if by some miracle, we could afford to do a vacation, and then for me to go to the retreat, I just don't see myself leaving Em and daddy home alone for that long. I know. I'm a weenie! But if we do go to Southern California for a vacation, I do hope we can see you while we are there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, as long as you here at some point I don't care when in it! ;P Plus, it'll be more fun with Emma!

    ReplyDelete