Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter.

I hope ya’ll had a great Resurrection Sunday!

Personally, I love how Josiah is starting to understand more and more. He was super stoked that he got The Jesus Storybook Bible in his basket … but I cannot tell you how excited I was!! I have wanted that Bible for us for so long, and when we bought it it took all I had to not just give it to him right then! I love that my kids share my love for books.

We dyed eggs, Jason read the Easter story out of the NIV and then we headed to bed. Because we just returned from vacation our home celebration was low-key. The next day Jason worked a long day {little confession: it makes me sad that pastors busiest days are the holidays! I want him home with us!}. He left for work at some awful hour and the kids and I followed for the later service. We do our Easter meal at our house, so I came home right after to continue preparations. Another confession: Sunday was my very first time cooking a ham. I’m not a big ham fan, but for some reason decided to make it for Easter. Check out my table centerpiece … apples and flowers from my garden! I loved it.


At the end of the night we re-read the Easter story in Josiah’s new bible and it was awesome! {Have I mentioned how excited I am about that book!?!}.









In David Platt’s book Radical, Platt speaks about Jesus’ time before the cross. When he is in the Garden in agony and pain, it is not because he fears the crucifixion ahead of him. He is not afraid of what the soldiers are about to do to him.


“My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me.”

The cup is God’s wrath … all of God’s holy wrath and hatred toward sin, stored up since the beginning of the world, is about to be poured out of him. There lies the agony. All wraths due your sin and my sin came down on Christ himself. The just and loving Creator of the universe looked upon hopelessly sinful people and sent his Son. He showed his power over sin in the Resurrection and all who trust in him can now be reconciled to God forever.

Is that not A.MAZ.ING {!!!!}, my friends?



Blessing to you this Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment