Tuesday, April 05, 2011

just stuff.

It’s been busy around here. A week ago Friday night we went to the drive-in; just typing that makes me smile! I remember going when I was little and snuggling up in the back of our car. We unleashed the masses of pillows and made ourselves at home. Just makin’ memories.



 Sunday we had a birthday party for Ella’s BFF. Miss Ella is just in love with Isabel. She see’s her daily b/c Isabels mom and I carpool for school … and no one can bring on a Ella smile like Isabel can. {tho of course she's not smiling here ... she's wondering why her brother is beating a round thing with candy stuffed inside with a stick}

                     

I am so excited it is spring! We’ve been wearing shorts, and I’ve done a bit of spring crafting {I still had Valentines Day up, tisk! }. I love my little topiary{below}. You don’t even want to know how much glue was involved in that! I picked up these wreaths but I am not yet sure what I am going to do with them. I bought 3. And ... oh, how I love the gardens this time of year!  

On the home front, we’ve had some trying days with Josiah. He constantly challenges me {yes, in the sense that he doesn’t listen for beans but that’s not what I am talking about here} … he seriously teaches me things daily about myself. We’ve been meeting with a new therapist for almost 2months now; we’re very happy with the dr. But with Josiah, I am not sure what it is – he is very sensitive to disruption in his schedule and I am not sure if something triggered something or what, but boy has he been coming out in full force the last week or so. I fully believe that what we consider to be his “hindrances” will someday be his strengths – and what we call his “special needs” will empower him to be greater … but until then could you please pray for patience for us. Especially me, on Jason’s long work days {usually Tues – Thur}. I so want to parent him in a way that will mold him and disciple him, but sometimes we all get overcome by the emotions.

On a lighter note, Ella has taken up biting. I am officially parent of the year. Thank you very much.

Enjoy the sunshine friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment