Thursday, April 14, 2011

My Thursday night Friday ramblings.



9:22

You're all I want
You're all I've ever needed
You're all I want
Help me know You are near


We sang this song on Wednesday night – an unusual week where the youth were in “big church” for worship.  I must admit that while we were singing I was thinking “Is this even true for me?”

Is God all I want?

No.

I want to have a house with a wraparound porch someday. I want to live to see my babies have babies. I want to pay for a Jeep with cash. I want another healthy pregnancy.  I was to spend a few weeks in Ireland. I want to celebrate my 50th wedding anniversary. I want to see my daughter pick out her wedding dress. I want my family safe and well.

I want these things badly. Is that bad? No. But is my desire for God greater? Sometimes. Sometimes not.

Help me find the way
Bring me back to You.


9:29. That was more than 5 minutes. I may stink at this. Granted I ran outside to watch the Altas 5 above my home. Because it’s not every day you see a super secret government rocket fly through the sky, my friends.

Happy Friday!

12 comments:

  1. Such a great reminder. Yes, these are all good things, but our first desire should be more of Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And He continually lures us back to Him, to fill in that gap of distance, doesn't He? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that song a lot... Every time we sing it, I make a conscious effort to mean every single word, not just sing the familiar tune...

    "Help me know You are near"... Heh. Indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post. I love that song.

    Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a beautiful post - thank you for sharing! In the midst of desiring the good things he brings, it is always good to be reminded that we must desire Him more and more. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how this resonates with me. Thank you for sharing.

    Alita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a lovely post. It is so hard to keep our minds and hearts focused at times. Thank you for this reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes I'm afraid of wanting too much. Weird. I love that song, too! Way cool that you took the time to watch the rocket! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wants vs Needs. The constant struggle, right? Thanks for the reminder.
    With Joy, Carey

    ReplyDelete
  11. Go to my blog www.clevelandurbanfarm.blogspot.com


    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous3:08 AM

    I love that song too..there have been so many desires i've wanted in my life and God has said "no"...because He loves me and knows what is best for me..even the normal desires of wanting a child and God has still said "no, after 15 years.
    Ultimately my desire always goes back to Him!thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete