Sunday, May 15, 2011

Snoop D O double G

This is Snoopy.


She’s awfully cute, ain’t she? {I feel a little shame using the non-word “ain’t”. Moving on …}

Snoopy came to us about 4 weeks ago in the form of a quickly made decision. We’d spent many a days at the pound looking for the “perfect” dog for our family recently, without much luck. Then one day, Jason called me and asked if I was interested in a beagle. I laughed at him because once Drew saw “Underdog” many years ago, he decided our next dog should be a beagle. As it turns out, my husband wasn’t kidding and once I said sure I was instructed to pick the dog up. Like, right that minute.

Snoopy is 2 years old {almost 3, I think we see a doggy birthday cake in our future} and a full bread female beagle. Her momma had been incredibly sick and sadly died yesterday after a long battle with cancer.  We choose to keep the name “Snoopy”, but it sounds more like Snoop Dog ‘round here. She is fully house and cage trained. She can sit. And boy, can she bark; which I am sure our neighbors LOVE!

Josiah is madly in love with her and they often sleep together. Ella was terrified at first, but now uses Snoopy as a pillow in the living room and I’ve caught her a few times taking Snoopy’s lips and pulling them far apart. And Snoopy just licks Ella; I am not going to lie, I think I’ve caught a few french kisses. Bless that little beagle heart for being so amazing with my kids. Jason loves that she plays fetch and is so playful and then so calm. But when it comes down to it, Snoop has attached to me. She’ll sit on the bath mat while I shower if we let her. I think it’s because she is used to a woman. But she is such a sweet girl.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! There have been a few pup french kisses at our house too :)

    ReplyDelete