Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Father’s Day




After church on Father’s Day we headed out to our timeshare in Indio and we were greeted with HEAT! Oh, it was so hot! That night we went out to dinner, but literally spent the rest of the few days there swimming, eating, playing games, watching movies and more swimming. We never left the resort. It was wonderful! Except it was hot. You stepped out of the lazy river and had no need for a towel … you’d be dry in minutes!




We played some Minute to Win It games as a family … if I recall, Dad and Drew tied, but I must say I rocked the cotton ball on the nose game. I don’t know what that says about me.


We had some friends who came up for a few days as well and Josiah had a blast swimming with them. I think it made him feel like a “big boy” in the pool. Ella LOVES the pool and wanted nothing to do with her floaters, much to my dismay. Drew tried to sleep the days away {breakfast, nap, swim, nap, etc.},, but his pops wasn’t really having much of it. I made this for Jason for Father’s Day, as he was looking for a way to keep photos of the kids at his office. I really liked the way it turned out {and I think he did too!}.

This was the drive home … perfect timing for an air conditioner to go kaput {it has since been fixed, praise Jesus!}. It was HOT. {In case you didn’t gather that from the first 50 times I said it}.

 I am so thankful that my children have a man like Jason to sheppard them.  Whenever I find myself getting frustrated I just need to take a quick look around and see how blessed we really are.  He is completely devoted to his kids & to being open to growth as a man, as a Dad. He invests himself, not just to sit at sports games or wander through open houses … but to fully devote himself to the character of these little people who adore him. You know what they say … the best thing a man can do for his kids is to love their mama, and that he does well!

No comments:

Post a Comment