Friday, September 09, 2011

The *best* homemade graham crackers!

We’re still with computer issues so I don’t have any photos to share tonight, but I will let you on the best recipe in the W.O.R.L.D …


Whole Wheat Graham Crackers. Since I’ve stumbled upon the recipe I’ve made it a dozen of times. The crackers are so seriously yummy … and wholesome. I adapted it a tad, so here’s *my* version.

2 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
¼ cup pure natural cane sugar {don’t ruin it w/ white refined sugar PLEASE!} :)
¼ cup brown can sugar {wholesome sweeteners is my fav!} 1 t. baking powder
½ t. baking soda
½ t. salt
¼ t. cinnamon
4 T. pure raw honey
¼ c. water
1 t. vanilla
1 stick butter, melted {actual butter here people!}

Now … follow the instructions at Heavenly Homemakers {she includes photos, much better than I can do for you tonight}.

If you like thin crackers you might want to separate the dough into 2 batches and roll it thin. I love it thick and warm right out of the oven. It’s a great snack for lunches!

Enjoy!

{this posting comes with many requests from those who have tried the crackers and loved them, so you should go make them and share them!}

2 comments:

  1. I will have to go get some pure natural cane sugar to try it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:05 AM

    I was going to share your recipe with my sister-in-law because I know she has one for homemade graham crackers and I thought she might like to check out yours too. Then I saw that you adapted from my sister-in-law, who is the Heavenly Homemaker. Ha! Too funny. One of these days, I've got to make these!!! -Kari Coppinger

    ReplyDelete