Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Christmas Tea


This year our church took part in a Christmas tea {something we used to do all the time, but haven’t done in awhile}. I love, love, love, love the Christmas tea. It was a 4 night event and I “hosted” a table with a friend one night, and the other nights was there as a logistics person for our church ladies. My husband worked his booty off and was there all 4 nights too! It was beautiful, and it was fun to see people I had not seen in years! Several of our “sister” churches joined in to do the event together, so I got to spend a lot of time with some old friends {I ADORE our old church, and the group of sweet friends who go there!}. Anyway, here are some pics of the beauty:

The was our table. We used cranberries and candles - that's all! But I love it. To make the balls we used Styrofoam balls and spray painted them red. Then we poked toothpicks in and topped it with a cranberry. It was easy, but time consuming to squish all those cranberries in. For the stands I bought glass candle holders at the dollar store and spray painted them in a champagne silver color. The cranberry balls are still holding up pretty well in my house, but I don't know if they will last through Christmas. 

Eileen and I - my "co-host"



Nicole, one of our teens serving at the tea, and her mom. 




Ella on the ride home the first night. It was around 11pm and she was giddy. She only lasted one night in the church daycare. 

Us with Drew, the night he served. 




Just another pretty table! 

No comments:

Post a Comment