Tuesday, January 31, 2012

2011: A look back.




     1.  What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?



I zip - lined! Scary





2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

Well, we do theme words. Last year was self-control. And I’d say I did well, but still have WAY FAR to go! This year we’re determined to focus solely on God and nothing out side of that. There’s not one word for it, but we know what we want. My scope of vision has become very small. {It a good, God honoring way, I hope!}

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

My friends Jeevan & Tami!  

4. Did anyone close to you die?

No, thank Jesus! 

5. What countries did you visit?

Um, that would be none. 

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?

Medical security. {peace w/ health insurance?} We're almost there! 

7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

March, we renewed our vows for our 10 year anniversary. Had an awesome v-k together. 

8. What was your biggest achievement for the year?

Finding balance. Since quitting my job/having a baby/adopting a toddler ... I finally feel balance. I’m in a rhythm. Days are good! 

9. What was your biggest failure?

Financial stuff. And sadly, falling occasionally into the thoughts that we "needed" what the world tells us we need, instead of what God says we need. Sucks to admit that. 

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

I did not, my kids did. Scarlet Fever, Strep A, a crayon in the ear. 

11. What was the best thing you bought?




The book, The Perfect 10. Changed the way we look at food, and the way we feel physically.



12. Where did most of your money go?




Medical expenses. Blah! {see #6}



13. What did you get really excited about?




Kindergarten! Our anniversary! Summer. Christmas. I excite easily. 



14. What song will always remind you of 2011?

and




15. Compared to this time last year, are you:




-Happier or sadder? Happier



-Thinner or fatter? Ha! Fatter! My goodness I’ve gained like 10 lbs since summer, but my booty has been working hard to stay slim! 


-Richer or poorer? Poorer if you're looking at our bank accounts, but we're okay with that given the scope of things. 

16. What do you wish you'd done more of?



Family nights, girls nights,





17. What do you wish you'd done less of?



Worried. 





18. How did you spend Christmas?



At home, with family. Jason worked, so it was low-key and we did Christmas dinner on the 26th. It was a really nice Christmas actually. 



19. What was your favorite TV program?



       We seriously limited our TV time this year, but we do tape Revenge and Hart of Dixie. 



       20. What were your favorite books of the year?


       Well, I didn't do a lot of fiction reading, but books that inspired me this year were: 
    




      21. What was your favorite music this year?

      

      Mumford and Sons and Chris Botti were listened to a lot this year. As was Michael Buble, David Crowder  and this is my fav worship song this year. I can sit in the words over and over {w/out watching the video cuz it throws me, lol!}: 






      22. What were your favorite films of the year?

      The Help

     23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

     I turned 31 on July 4th. Our friends Andy and Sandra invited us to join them at their house in      the mountains and we spent the days boating on the lake. Awesome! 

     24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

     Good health insurance {a theme, no?}. 


     25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?



     Well, I finally got a non-maternity bathing suit. That counts for something right? 


    26. What kept you sane?

Prayer, Scripture memory & black tea w/ loads of cinabon creamer. My amazing husband & sweet, sweet girlfriends! And my parents! Our Nana & Ampa sure take good care of us! 

27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.



In the beginning of the year I let go of a relationship I felt I was "responsible" for. I always felt I had to "love" this person for Jesus and God told me to let go of that. So while I can still be polite, I feel no obligation to continually put myself out for someone who is manipulative and uncaring. There's only so much you can do for a person.  And this, my friends, has been like a weight lifted - it's amazing how freeing the experience was. 

1 comment:

  1. Great questions and very thought provoking for sure. I'm going to remember this and do it at the end of 2012.

    ReplyDelete