Friday, March 02, 2012

Ache is the theme...

From 5 minute Friday:


1:32
The kids wanted to play outside the other day, which meant I was stuck on the patio furniture. In my mind were the billion things I had to do inside the house. We’ve been painting, which means our house is chaotic, which means my mind is chaotic, and that doesn’t leave much room for peace.

I closed my eyes and had a passing thought about how nice it felt to actually sit still in the warmth of the sun, BUT I *needed* to be inside.

“Mommy, watch us” they asked.

So, I turned to watch. Josiah was trying to show Ella how to do a forward roll on her own, without the push from one of us. She was trying her hardest. Her roll was more of a sideways one, but after she stood up with such joy.

“Mama, did you see?”

They laughed and laughed and ran circles around each other and just enjoyed being.

Suddenly the to-do list in my head seemed completely unimportant. I am constantly told that they will be grown and gone in what seems like a blink of the eye; yet I still put things in front of LIVING. Laundry. A clean bathroom. Whatever.

They will be gone so soon. They will have new habits, new voices. God, please let me be still enough to not miss a minute! 
1:37



2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you can let go and enjoy the moment with you pecos little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, yes, choosing the ordinary moments that make up the extraordinary memories - those are a wonder, aren't they?

    Thanks for sharing!
    ~Lisa-Jo

    ReplyDelete