Sunday, November 04, 2012

Halloween 2012




This year was the first year since literally, Jason and I started dating in 1996 that he was not required to be at the church’s Harvest festival. Not that we dislike church Harvest festivals, but since having the kids we've longed for the opportunity to just do what we want, and hang out, and trick or treat, and not have to answer to people constantly while we’re trying to be together. Hm. That sounds selfish as I type it out. In any case, we were thankful for the time together, and thankful our Sr. Pastor let Jason be home with us!







Josiah’s costume almost killed me. Like I literally breathed in about 12 cans of spray paint. But it was awesome and totally what he wanted. The clothes were so stiff, he sorta shed a tear as I put the shirt on, and we had to cut it off him {while laughing hysterically} at the end of the night. We entered him in an online costume contest, and he’s super excited about it. If you want, you can vote here:


At the end of the night I asked him what his favorite part of it all was … and the winner??? Passing out candy at Ampa & Nana’s. So, next year I forgo the self induced spray paint high and just buy him a bag of candy to pass out???




Ella and I battled a bit with her costume. She’s been telling me she wanted to be a princess. We said no. {Gasp – I know}. The thing is, she’s soon going to be an age where I won’t get to really dictate as much and then she’ll likely be a princess for 5 years in a row. I wanted to pick while I still could. Except for a 2 year old, she’s awfully stubborn and she didn't like my Raggedy Ann idea AT ALL. But she found this bumble bee and begged for it. So we compromised. When it finally arrived she was afraid to put the wings on because she didn’t want to “fly away”. Bless her heart! Come Halloween day though she was ready as could bee {cornball, yes!}


And here’s Drew via a text message as Waldo at school. So cute, huh?


Our kids wanted to pick out their pumpkins so badly, then they wanted to "paint" them ... so who was I to say no to that? We carved one pumpkin I carved one pumpkin, but this year they at least helped me draw the face and clean the insides out. 



Ella insisted on the tooth, ha!

These pix are from Josiah's school harvest festival  His costume wasn't ready yet, so he wore last years. I thought this first photo was so cute, 2 superheros! 



The kids and I took these super cute photos at a photo booth they had, but I haven't scanned it yet.    It was a good day! ;) 







post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment