Tuesday, December 04, 2012

the photo truth



We went to the park to get a few photos for our Christmas card {which I'll show you when it comes, I think it's cute!}. My kids have been going crazy lately. You know that book "I'll Love You Forever"? We read it a lot around here, and there is a part that says the mother feels like she lives in a zoo. When Josiah gets to that part he laughs, looks at Ella, and says "Our Mommy feels like she lives in a zoo too". 

Indeed. 



Ella is showing her strong willed side, and we are battling some things out as she learns what is acceptable and what is not. People are ALWAYS telling me how "sweet" she is, and for real ... if you saw the screaming child on the floor because I would not let her wear my lipstick to the store, sweet is not the word you'd conjure up. 



Josiah is having a difficult time of his own. Parenting him will always be an adventure, no doubt. Lately he's made us step things up a bit, but he's been doing so good in school; so maybe he's just saving his wild side for when he comes home to me? 


Our photo session involved chasing a toddler, crying, bribing, slight yelling, and a few "JUST SIT STILL AND SMILE!!!". It makes me laugh. It made me laugh then, even in the moment. 


The truth is, even with the crazies, THIS really is our happily ever after. When I look at this, I don't get irritated at the whining; all I see is my sweet children & I can hear the sound of their laughter. It doesn't matter if 5 minutes prior there was a full tantrum mode blow out; in their smiles I see joy. I see the highlights reel, the love, the hope, the feeling of home. I would not trade a moment, even a snotty, screaming, kicking the floor, throwing up on your face {it happened}, back-talking moment. Because those are just moments. And the rest, the rest is a beautiful, undeserved abundant life. 





post signature

10 comments:

  1. Top PTC Paying Site Ever. Earn Money on without investment for just clicking websites
    ClixSense.com(Best Earning)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Facebook Hot Girls, Most Popular Singer Girls, Top Most Famous Girls in the World.
    hotentertainnews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make Money Online without any Investment, Just Click the Website and Start Earning
    www.jobzcorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make Money Online without any Investment, Just Click the Website and Start Earning
    www.jobzcorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best Earning plan without any work, just Visit the Website and Earn
    www.profitclicking.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get your own home based job in data entry, copy pasting, clicking and different more jobs
    www.jobzcorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best Part time Online Jobs without any investment, Just click the Website and Earn.
    Free Earning

    ReplyDelete
  8. Top Most Expensive Cars, Top Most popular and Speed Cars with stylish and Beautiful Pictures.
    worldlatestvehicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have to Search hot Girls, Here is a Most Hot Girls with bikini hot photo-shoot
    hotentertainnews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Most Popular and Famous Vehicles, Latest Speed Cars, Sports Cars Info and Pictures.
    worldlatestvehicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete